Business Web Site Hosting.
Just AUD $19.99, paid monthly, paid via PayPal, or $200 paid annually.
For those not familiar with purchasing a domain name and registering your business name. Make sure they are both available and that they match before you purchase. ie. if you are plan to register mybeautbusiness.com.au then make sure My Beaut Business is available at ASIC, and vise-versa.
- Register for an ABN
- Go to ASIC web site and check that your business name is available. If it is, go to step 2.
- If not, try again until you have identified an available business name that represents your product or service. Complete step 2 before registering your business name.
- Go to crazydomains.com.au or au.godaddy.com (I can’t compete with their pricing. All I can do is match it at cost, so why even try?) and key in your desired domain name, which matches your business name.
- Do not take a second tier domain like .net.au if the .com.au is taken. The .com.au will get a higher percentage of your hard-earned and expensive traffic if you do. Use only first tier .com.au domain names unless you are going for a .org.au or something like that.
- If yourdomain.com.au is available, register it while you are on the page looking at it. I have had a domain name I wanted disappear over-night. Why? Because the domain registrar gets a list of all searched domain names. If he sees one he thinks could be a winner, he’ll register it out from under your nose, with the intent of selling it for thousands of dollars, so act now. A .com.au domain will cost you about $24 for 2 years regardless of whether you use Crazy or Godaddy. You cannot register a .au domain for just 12 months that I am aware of. It’s a 2 year minimum.
- If not, return to step 1. and try again. There’s no point in selecting a business name for which you can’t have the matching domain name, & vise-versa. There’s also no point in going for a second tier domain extension because you like the name. You’ll lose traffic if you do.
- Once you have a match between your desired business name and your domain name, register your business name. You don’t want someone else taking one or the other of your business or domain names while you are in the process of establishing your business.
- Once you have done 1 and 2, login to your Crazy Domains domain management panel and set the DNS pointers to:
- Complete the form below. All fields except Address 2 are required to fulfill Australian and International tracking law requirements.
- You can cancel at any time without penalty, you just forfeit the balance of what you have paid, which is about 10c a day for any outstanding days.
- Full terms and conditions, disclaimer and privacy statement are on the subscribe page. Please read them before you hit the subscribe button.